Master’s in Computer/ Information sciences or Bachelors with 2+ yrs of exp.
- Installing and Configuring Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, VMware ESX, Virtual Center and VMotion
- Troubleshoots Windows and ESX server and OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues
- Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance
- Executes a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation. Install, maintain and manage Windows SUS, and other servers for automated updates
- Performs regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning
- Discuss with Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration
- Provides server hardware capacity recommendations. Provide analysis, installation support for new applications and software releases
- Interfaces with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and design equipment, peripherals, administrations, settings, registries, stockpiling, and so forth as per models and undertaking/operational prerequisites
- Introduce and arrange frameworks, for example, underpin GLS foundation applications or Asset Management applications
- Create and keep up establishment and design systems. Add to and keep up framework gauges
- Research and prescribe creative, and where conceivable computerized approaches for framework organization assignments. Recognize approaches that use our assets and give economies of scale.