Server Management Services LLC is looking for skilled Software Developer / Systems Software with UNIX/ Networking/Automation skillset to join a team with a client. This would be an excellent opportunity to work with highly skilled set of people to join and take the skill set to next level. The main agenda of the team is to automate various manual tasks and to standardize setup new clients to backup environment
The person would need to interface and assist various development teams to gather infrastructure and middleware requirements in the Architecture meetings, design and deploy various business solutions that utilize the middleware platforms that are resilient, upgradeable and cost effective in support of critical and complex solutions. Coordinate with product vendor (Veritas, EMC, VMWare and NetApp) to identify and resolve the root cause for critical issues. person must actively participate on weekly/Daily SCRUM calls and team meeting to provide updates of progress
Skills: System programming with C/C++ using Visual Studio, PowerShell scripting, Database queries using Query Scripting Programing Language, GIT Version Control, Knowledge of NetBackup Appliance Scheduler and DB Metadata, hands on knowledge of ServiceNow.
Required Technical Skills:
· Maintains and monitors NetBackup servers and virtual or physical enterprise IBM automated tape libraries for major Global Retailer Company.
· Plans, schedules and performs proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation on Windows and UNIX platforms.
· Performs backup environment system tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance. Performs daily routine maintenance, i.e. review NetBackup Advance reporting,
· Perform NetBackup database maintenance, perform storage pool maintenance, and on-site and off-site tape management. Assists in determining workload balancing.
· Oversees resolution of backup/recovery service disruptions and implementation of preventative measures.
· Analyzes and solves complex problems of network (operating) system hardware and software components.
· Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of NetBackup systems, to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions.
· Provides guidance and direction to lower-level System Administrators.
· Maintains close relations with local management staff to ensure the local business processes are continuously and adequately being supported and developed by IT.
· Performs continuous research and audits to ensure continuous and high levels of performance, security and availability of network and operating systems and peripheral devices.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science.
Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Able to produce technical documentation and network architecture diagrams
Ability to work on a team or independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Willing to write detailed documentation and adhere to corporate standards/change management policies